Sunday, August 21, 2011

2011 Twin Tiers Jazz Festival

Hi friends!  Just got back yesterday from playing the Twin Tiers Jazz Festival in Elmira, NY.  I played cornet with Jack Bacon's group, the Morgan Street Stompers.  I got to hear three other trad jazz groups, and met a lot of great musicians and jazz fans.  Weather was gorgeous and the turnout for the event was great.  I had a fantastic time, and I'm sure this event will lead to more similar opportunities down the road!

Tuesday I'm playing a quartet gig with the great Michael T Jones for SUNY Buffalo orientation, then racing over to Iris Restaurant (formerly Bobby McGee's) to play a set or two with Pete Malinverni and Jody Sandhaus!

Wednesday, I'm playing with the Magpies at Wegmans on Dick Road (Depew, NY) from 6 - 8 pm.

Thursday I'm back at the gazebo in Lewiston with Ron Corsaro's Upstate Express, 7-9 pm.

Friday I'm headlining the Lewiston Jazz Festival as part of the band backing up Pete Malinverni and Jody Sandhaus!  Music starts @ 5:30 pm.

Saturday I'm playing with my group the Magpies on the Frontier House porch at the Lewiston Jazz Festival at 12:15 pm, then later that night with Ben Baia and the Big City Horns at Templeton Landing.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:40 PM

    what time are you at ub wed??Larry C

    ReplyDelete
  2. so when are you coming to Vancouver, BC Tim?

    ReplyDelete